Last night's 8 mile run was a little later than usual, 9:15, but man was the weather perfect! It almost felt like fall. The weather, mixed with an easier run on Wednesday made for a GREAT run. I went into this run knowing that I wanted to keep it under control (6:50 to 7:00 per mile was the target), but the legs wanted to go. Everything was clicking. Legs felt comfortable. The breathing was dead on. The effort almost seemed slow and there were times when I looked at my watch and saw 6:20's and that pace seemed "slow" - - - controlled, but slow. So I had to remind myself just to take it easy, enjoy the run and take in the great weather.
I don't have my splits with me, but I averaged 6:47 for the run. None of my splits were over 6:55 or under 6:40, so overall it was a controlled pace (from a split perspective), but I did have to dial it back a few times because I was going a little too fast.
I hope this is a good sign for next Sunday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment