With this being taper week I tend to do a little more of my miles on the treadmill. It not only allows me to set the pace and stay consent with it, it saves my legs from the pounding. So Tuesday's effort was on the treadmill, but I did something a little different - - - - I threw in some fast miles. Physically, I know that the faster miles wont do anything for me, but mentally I needed this run.
After getting home from San Antonio I did some work and then went to the gym. I wasn't 100% certain on what I was going to do, but I knew I wanted to do something a little faster. Bouncing my training plan off of Chris I decided to do the following 7 mile run:
Mile 1 - 6:58
Mile 2 - 6:15
Mile 3 - 6:58
Mile 4 - 6:10
Mile 5 - 6:58
Mile 6 - 6:03
Mile 7 - 6:58
I felt pretty good given that I was up at 4:00 in the morning to catch my flight. The miles felt good and the effort was under control. My confidence is there, but I do find myself asking if I'm going to be able to maintain that faster pace for the whole 26.2 miles. I do this every time before a race - second guess my abilities at the faster paces. As long as I keep the beginning under control I'll be just fine.
Tonight will be a 5 or 6 mile run. Tomorrow will be a 4 mile run. Friday is an off day. Saturday is race day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment