After Sunday's long run, I was suppose to run 7 slow miles (7:30 to 7:45 pace). Once again, because of the heat I was stuck inside. I made it 3 miles and called it quits. My legs were jello and I was light headed. Figured it wasn't worth it.
For Tuesday it was a scheduled day off, but I felt a little better and the weather was finally nice running weather; so I headed outside. I knew I wanted to get 4 or 5 miles in, but I figured I'd let the legs dictate how far I went. I knew I wanted to keep the pace at 7:15 to 7:30, but once again I wasn't going to worry about it too much. Well, it took me a mile or so to get into the swing of things, but overall the run was good. I went faster than I wanted to (most miles were between 6:48 and 7:05), but I found it difficult to dial it back anymore. And then mile 5 I hit a straight stretch (3/4's of a mile) and decided to open it up a bit. Nothing crazy, but faster than planned. At mile 5.30 I was averaging 6:45. Once I hit the straight stretch I was at a 6:13 pace. It felt good, more from a confidence standpoint, that I could open it up. I ended the day with 7 miles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment