Monday, July 23, 2012

Weekend Recap

Really quick recap of the weekend:

Friday - Went out to dinner with friends, so I didn't get home until 11:45pm.  Then went running for 9 miles on the treadmill (7:30 pace) and felt great.  Even though it was late, the legs felt good. 

Saturday - Hot as all get-out outside so I stayed inside again.  Today was a 10 mile effort at a 7:03 pace.  Legs were tired, but I got through the run

Sunday - Once again the heat and family events kept me inside.  I didn't get started until 8:00pm and this was a struggle.  I was suppose to run the following:

  • 1st (5) miles @ 650-7:00 pace
  • 2nd (5) miles @ 630-640 pace
  • 3rd (5) miles @ 610-620 pace
  • Two mile cool down
What I did was the following:
 
  • 1st (5) miles @ 6:58 (Took a Gu at mile 5)
  • Mile 6 @ 6:49
  • Miles 7 - 10 @ 640 (started to tank here.  The legs were heavy and there was no motivation.  Took a Gu at mile 10)
  • Miles 11 and 12 @ 6:58 (couldn't get the legs going at 6:20)
  • Miles 13, 14 and 15 @ 7:30 (felt better going slower)
  • Miles 16 and 17 @ 8:00
Sunday's run wasn't a total bust, but I did have to stop a couple times to give the legs a break.  I don't know if it's a lack of motivation from being inside all weekend?  Tonight I'm going to force myself outside even if the weather is hot.

Feel good to get in 65 miles this week, though
 

No comments: