Monday, July 30, 2012

Weekend recap

 The weekend took a little twist. Friday, I got my 10 miles in, but it was at the pettit. I kept the pace steady, but it was a little fast (1:06:48). The legs felt refreshed, so I went with it. I was surprised given how tough my Thursday run was.



Saturday I knew I needed to get 15 in, but I was helping with the Heatbreaker 1/2 marathon. Well, what ended up happening was I ran the 1:00 race. I figured given all of standing, walking and running around I had to put on a couple miles doing that, so running 13.1 was close enough to 15. Originally, I was going to run with Bill (1:45 pace), but after the first lap I couldn't take it anymore. What I ended up doing was breaking this up into 5k's. After the first lap I opened it up and was in the 5:55 - 6:00 range. I felt great. Not too stressed, but could feel the blood pumping. I then met up with Bill and ran a 5K with him (8:00 pace). For the next 5K I pushed it a little more and was in the 5:35 - 5:40 range. Once again, I was pushing it, but still felt good. Almost like I could have gone faster. After this 5K I stopped and waited for Jerry. I ran with him and paced him into the finish (6:40). This pace almost seemed like a walk, but my legs thanked me for it. So, overall I ended my long run averaging a 6:55, way too fast for a training run, but it was one of the best workouts I've done.





No comments: