Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Post Injury

I've had some shin problems the past 2 weeks so my running has been limited.  I'm finally to a poinit where I can pick up my training.  Last night I ran 5 miles outside (the night before I did 10 on the treadmill)

Well, the legs were a little sluggish last night, but I was able to clip off my run a little faster than I should have (I know, I need to slow it down). There is something about running outside that just seems "faster" than running on the treadmill. Setting the treadmill at a 7:00 pace seems so much faster than running a 7:00 pace outside.


So last nights run was a 5 mile effort that I covered in a 6:39 pace. There was a straight away that I love to run fast that I had to dial it back a bit. At one point I was able to open up the stride a bit and before I knew it I was clipping along at a 6:10. I forced myself to slow it up.

All-in-all, last night felt good. The legs were a little tight and the shin was still stiff, but it was encouraging opening it up. Tonight I'll be on the treadmill and will dial it back to a 7:30 pace.



No comments: