I was on vacation over the weekend, so I had to get my runs in when I could. Trying to find the balance between vacation time, Tanya time and running time was a little difficult, but I made it work. I didn't run as much as I was suppose to, but I made every run count. And even though I lowered my miles over the weekend, I purposely moved my schedule around so these runs were more recovery runs. It also didn't hurt that I did 6 plus miles of walking and hiking each day. Here's what I did -
Thursday - Scheduled day off. I needed this as the first part of the week was my harder runs
Friday - 6 plus miles of hiking in state parks. Maine had some tough trails, so I was a little concerned how my running would be that afternoon. Because of time constraints and not knowing where I was at I decided to stay in on the hotel treadmill. I figured if I was paying all this money for a hotel, I might as well beat up their equipment :)
I did 6 miles on the treadmill.
Mile 1 - 6:40
Mile 2 - 6:29
Mile 3 - 6:00
Mile 4 - 5:49
Mile 5 - 6:00
Mile 6 - 5:29
The legs felt great and I wanted to go faster. I think all of the hiking actually helped me this day. My legs were working on all cylinders
Saturday - Another morning and afternoon filled with walking. We didn't do any state parks, but walked alot in Portland and some other communities. I'm guessing we did another 5 or 6 miles of walking. Once again I stayed inside and keep my under under 42 minutes (6 miles)
Miles 1 and 2 - 7:00
Miles 3 through 6 - 6:40
The legs felt good, but they were tired. All of the walking was getting the best of me, but it still felt comfortable
Sunday - Same as yesterday. 5 or 6 miles of walking and another 6 miles on the treadmill
Miles 1 and 2 - 7:00
Miles 3 and 4 - 6:40
Miles 5 and 6 - 7:00
The legs still were feeling good, but I had no motivation
Monday - Took the day off. With the walking around we did (3 or 4 miles) and the travel to Boston and the flight home it was a long day. I'll flip flop my Monday and Tuesday around and run 10 miles tonight.
Time to get back on schedule and get some quality runs in
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment