Tuesday's run was done on pure emotion. There are some things going on at work that got me thinking. When I do that I tend to throw myself into my runs and just let go. Well, Tuesday's run was one of those. I ran 10 miles around my block averaging 6:30. Way too fast, but damn it felt good. My mile splits were:
6:43, 6:43, 6:39, 6:11, 6:07, 6:36, 6:29, 6:25, 6:28 and 6:36
Yesterday's run was more in line with what I should be doing. I stayed on the treadmill and did 10 miles. The first 9 were at a 7:13. I was suppose to do 10 miles and then 6 strides, but I decided to do 9 and then .6 miles of strides. For the strides I ran .10 at a 5:13 pace, took a rest of .10 and did that again. I was pretty well wiped after this run. The legs were jelly. Tuesday's run took a lot out of me - - - I guess this builds character :)
Tonights run should be a fun one. I'm suppose to do the following:
12 miles total (6 mile WU & 2 CD)
(6) mile WU (warmup) followed by your pre-wkout stretching, strides, and prep.
*8 x 800m (1/2) mile on decreasing rest.
*goal pace on 1st (4) 800s @ 530-35 pace
*goal pace on 2nd (4) 800s @ 520-525 pace.
*for the first (4) 800s rest is 2 mins with 75 secs of that slow jogging and 45 secs as standing rest.
*for the last (4) intervals (after #5, #6, and #7) rest is only (1) min which you can take all as standing rest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment