Sunday, November 30, 2008

I'm slacking here

With this being Thanksgiving weekend I haven't been running as much as I should. I took Thursday off to spend with the family. Friday I went out and did a 10 mile run. I covered the first 8 in 6:17 and decided to slow it up a bit for the last 2. I covered the last 2 in 6:35. This was way too fast for a "training" run, but I felt good so I went with it. I was kicking myself on Saturday because the legs were sore. I was lazy yesterday and didn't get out so I forced myself out today during a nasty snow storm. I left the GPS at home and strapped on the old Timex/Ironman watch. I left right at 2:00 and strolled home at 3:10 and change. Give those times I was around 6:45 a mile (I stopped at the stop lights which overall had to be a couple minutes). Needless to say I was glad when this one was done. The wind had to be 20 miles an hour and I ran the last 2 or 3 miles right into it. The snow and ice that was coming down was a bitch on the face. I think people thought I must have been crazy to run in this, but to be honest I love running in the snow. It was peaceful. It helped that I ran during the Packer game so the roads were free from a lot of traffic (the snow didn't help either).

I had 40 miles last week. I guess that's not too bad considering I'm just trying to maintain. Nothing to train for right now so I'm trying to get the mental game back for 2009.

No comments: