Tuesday, March 24, 2009

hamster miles

I didn't feel like getting soaked so I went to the gym with Tanya tonight (Simone is staying at Oma's and Opa's tonight). I'm not a member and have a hard time paying the $7 day pass, but I wanted to get my run in (work was a little busy so I wasn't able to sneak away at lunch). So tonight was 10 miles on the treadmill. Pretty boring run, but semi-productive. I ran the first 8 miles at a 6:40 pace and cranked it up to 6:18 for mile 9. After mile 9 I was pretty close to the 60 minute time limit so I had to reset the machine for my last mile. For mile 10 I cranked it to a 6:00 mile and finished it off from there.

Over-all I felt pretty good, but I got tight behind my left knee. I could feel the knot forming so I had to stop, stretch it out a bit and then continue. Needless to say I did some stretching when I got home tonight. I'm pretty bad about stretching, so tonight was a must-do stretch.

Miles this week - 18
Miles this month - 205
Days thus far in the month - 24
Days ran this month - 20
Days off this month - 4
Miles in the month of January - 241 (Average 7.77 miles per day)
Miles in the month of February - 205.5 (Average 7.34 miles per day)
Miles this year - 651.5

No comments: