Thursday, March 19, 2009

InStep Social Run

Today's run was after work with the InStep guys (and gals). Only a few people showed up, but it was nice to have the social aspects of running; especially since I've had a lack of motivation the past few days. I got to the store a little early and got a 2 mile warm up in. After the warm-up Ted, Rick and I headed out and ran along the lakefront. We basically ran to the Summerfest grounds, snaked along the lake past Bradford Beach and up by the Lake Front Bistro. We took a pretty steep hill up to the top by the Bistro and made our way back to the store. For the people who are reading this entry and know the area I simplified the route, but all-in-all it was an 8.5 mile run (according to Ted and Rick). The pace was slow enough that we could talk, but fast enough to be an effective run. I would saw mid 7:00 pace.

So today I got in 10.5 miles. A great effort given my less then stellar motivation lately. After the run a few more people showed up to the store. I wish I had more time to chat, but I needed to get home and spend a little time with the family before Simone went to bed.

Finally - - - a good and fun run.

Miles this week - 37.5
Miles this month - 160
Days thus far in the month - 19
Days ran this month - 16
Days off this month - 3
Miles in the month of January - 241 (Average 7.77 miles per day)
Miles in the month of February - 205.5 (Average 7.34 miles per day)
Miles this year - 606.5

No comments: