Today is a day of rest - - I've had 10 straight days of running and I think the legs need a break. In those 10 days I have two long runs, a 20 miler and a 19 miler.
So the recap for the weekend! Friday I did 8 on the treadmill at 6:40. I came up with all the excuses in the world and gave in to running inside. I guess miles are miles. I felt pretty good, but bored.
Yesterday I slept in. Tanya and I went to some friends to watch the Badger game and didn't get home until 12:30. Simone stayed at Oma's and Opa's so we had a morning to sleep in. With how nice the day was and some family obligations I didn't run until 6:30pm. But was it worth it! I ran 19 miles at a good clip (18 with 1 mile warm down). Because it was getting late and a warmer Saturday I decided to stay close to home - - - I ran in my neighborhood. There's a 4 mile route that keeps me off the major streets, so I elected to run that a few times. With this run, though, there are some big hills at mile 2 and 3. Both are about a 1/4 mile long, but man, they take it out of you - which I guess is a good thing.
So the 18 miles! I pace averaged 6:21. I felt great and even at a couple points I was under 6 minute miles. At those times I had to dial it back and "force" myself to slow up. I had planned to run 19, but wanted to average 7:00. When I started the run and clipped off a 6:21 I figured I'd slow it up and go with 6:45's. Yeah, that didn't happen either. The run was one of those that I could have carried the pace for a few more miles. I don't know if I could have gone another 8, but I could have gone into the mid 20 range with the pace. The splits for the 18 are as follows:
mile 1 - 6:21
mile 2 -6:22
mile 3 - 6:40
mile 4 - 6:24
mile 5 - 6:16
mile 6 - 6:17
mile 7 - 6:30
mile 8 - 6:23
mile 9 - 6:19
mile 10 - 6:22
mile 11 - 6:20
mile 12 - 6:21
mile 13 - 6:29
mile 14 - 6:21
mile 15 - 6:15
mile 16 - 6:21
mile 17 - 6:12
mile 18 - 6:12
At this point I think things are tracking well for Green Bay. This morning my legs feel good and I could get some quality miles in, but am listening to the rest of my body and taking that day off. I did decided to do something a little drastic! I changed the type of shoes I run in. For my daily runs, 8 to 13, I'll stay in my Elixirs. But my longer runs I switched to the Riders. Friday was my first day in them (wanted to break them in a bit) and today was my first long run. They felt great. The extra couple of ounces made the run a little more enjoyable. Even with the poor showing in the middle of the week and running 5 miles versus 8 I missed my weekly total by a 1/2 mile. Not bad and I finished on a good note.
Miles this week - 64.5
Miles this month - 187
Days thus far in the month - 21
Days ran this month - 18
Days off this month - 3
Miles in the month of January - 241 (Average 7.77 miles per day)
Miles in the month of February - 205.5 (Average 7.34 miles per day)
Miles this year - 633.5
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment