Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Back at it

Well, the Achilles is about 95% there, so I've been running since Sunday. I'm going to be short and to the point with my recap:

Sunday - 4 miles at a 6:50 pace. I wanted 7's, but I found it hard to go any slower.

Monday - 6 miles on the treadmill. Set it at 6:58 and just cruised in

Tuesday - 6 miles on the bike path. Went out for the first 1 3/4 miles with a group of co-workers. Covered the miles in the following splits:

1 - 7:10
2 - 6:56
3 - 5:55
4 - 6:02
5 - 6:05
6 - 6:30 (caught up with the work group and ran the last 1/2 mile with them.)

So today was a lot faster than expected, but I felt good and just let it rip. Hopefully I'm not paying for it tomorrow.

I'll stay at 6 miles until the end of the week and see how everything feels.

Miles this week - 16
Miles this month - 27
Days thus far in the month - 11
Days ran this month - 4
Days off this month -7
Miles this year - 1662.7
Miles in the month of January - 241 (Average 7.77 miles per day)
Miles in the month of February - 205.5 (Average 7.34 miles per day)
Miles in the month of March - 267 (Average 8.61 miles per day)
Miles in the month of April - 271.7 (Average 9.06 miles per day)
Miles in the month of May - 190.3 (Average 6.14 miles per day - Marathon month)
Miles in the month of June - 211.7 (Average 7.06 miles per day)
Miles in the month of July - 248.5 (Average 8.02 miles per day)

No comments: