Well, the Achilles is holding up pretty good. There's still a slight twinge and I know I'm not 100%, but the recovery is going good. On Thursday I ran 5 miles on the treadmill. The first 4 were are a 7:30 pace and the 5 mile was at a 6:58 pace. Friday was a day off. Saturday was a 6 mile effort averaging 6:49 miles. I had to hold back a bit, but overall I felt good. Today was an 8 mile effort averaging 6:35. Once again I had to hold the pace back (I wanted to take off), but was pleased with the effort. I covered the miles as follows:
Mile 1 - 6:44
Mile 2 - 6:30
Mile 3 - 6:49
Mile 4 - 6:34
Mile 5 - 6:29
Mile 6 - 6:34
Mile 7 - 6:30
Mile 8 - 6:26
Hopefully I'm turning a corner and kicking the Achilles pain. Next week I plan on keeping the mileage low and we'll see what I can salvage of the fall.
Miles this week - 8.0
Miles this month - 86.5
Days thus far in the month - 30
Days ran this month - 15
Days off this month -15
Miles this year - 1721.5
Miles in the month of January - 241 (Average 7.77 miles per day)
Miles in the month of February - 205.5 (Average 7.34 miles per day)
Miles in the month of March - 267 (Average 8.61 miles per day)
Miles in the month of April - 271.7 (Average 9.06 miles per day)
Miles in the month of May - 190.3 (Average 6.14 miles per day - Marathon month)
Miles in the month of June - 211.7 (Average 7.06 miles per day)
Miles in the month of July - 248.5 (Average 8.02 miles per day)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment