Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day's Effort

My approach of 10 on Saturday, day off on Sunday and a longer run on Monday worked out well. Yesterday I ran 12 mile and felt pretty good. The Achilles is back to 100%, but the calluses on my feet need to be worked back. I never thought I'd say this, but my feet were a little sore building back the calluses. Otherwise the 12 mile effort felt good. I did the first 10 averaging 6:37. The leg turn over was good and the breathing was right where I wanted it to be. I can tell, though, that I don't have the mileage base. By mile 10 I started to hit a wall. At that time I decided to turn the watch off and cruise in the last 2 miles.

So, now I need to get some longer miles in and see what I can salvage for the 4th.

Miles this week - 12
Miles this month - 27
Days thus far in the month - 8
Days ran this month - 3
Days off this month -5
Miles this year - 1749.5
Miles in the month of January - 241 (Average 7.77 miles per day)
Miles in the month of February - 205.5 (Average 7.34 miles per day)
Miles in the month of March - 267 (Average 8.61 miles per day)
Miles in the month of April - 271.7 (Average 9.06 miles per day)
Miles in the month of May - 190.3 (Average 6.14 miles per day - Marathon month)
Miles in the month of June - 211.7 (Average 7.06 miles per day)
Miles in the month of July - 248.5 (Average 8.02 miles per day)
Miles in the month of August - 86.5 (Average 2.79 miles per day - Achilles)

No comments: