That the day after a 20 mile run that it would be a struggle to run. Well, that wasn't the case today. Yesterdays effort was around a 7:00 pace, so I expected to have some issues tonight. Today I had planned a 10 mile run. I wasn't able to run until early this evening, but man, the legs felt great. The weather was almost perfect. It was a little cool, but tonight was one of those runs that everything just clicked. I did an out and back route and at the turn around spot I looked at my watch and say 32:10 (6:26 mile). I was a little surprised at the time, but man, I felt good. I decided to turn the watch off for the second half of the run. I didn't want to focus on a time. I just wanted to take in the run and have fun. Just based on how I felt I know I slowed up the pace a bit, but not too much - - - probably to a 6:45 pace.
So, my streak and plan is still going strong . I have 14 straight days of running for 138 miles. And I'm still amazed that my legs are feeling fresh. I hope I can get through the next 4 days (32 miles) with the same zest (I figured I'd take Christmas Day off)
Miles this week - 10
Miles this month - 189.5
Miles this year - 2,411.9
Miles in the month of January - 241 (Average 7.77 miles per day)
Miles in the month of February - 205.5 (Average 7.34 miles per day)
Miles in the month of March - 267 (Average 8.61 miles per day)
Miles in the month of April - 271.7 (Average 9.06 miles per day)
Miles in the month of May - 190.3 (Average 6.14 miles per day - Marathon month)
Miles in the month of June - 211.7 (Average 7.06 miles per day)
Miles in the month of July - 248.5 (Average 8.02 miles per day)
Miles in the month of August - 86.5 (Average 2.79 miles per day - Achilles)
Miles in the month of September - 139 (Average 4.63 miles per day - 1/2 month with Achilles)
Miles in the month of October - 161.7 (Average 5.22 miles per day - Marathon month and trip)
Miles in the month of November - 199.5 (Average 6.65 miles per day)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment