Yesterday I decided to run an extra mile and sneaked in a 9 mile run on the treadmill versus the "normal" 8. I set the treadmill at 9.0 mph (or 6:40 pace) and just cruised through the miles. The legs felt great and the turnover was right where I wanted it to be.
This morning I woke up at 6:00 and went on a 20 mile jaunt. If I had to take a guess I was in the low 7:00 range, but I wasn't too concerned with the pace. I just wanted to get the miles in. The legs too a mile or so to "wake" up, but after I got going I felt pretty good. I had to be careful, though, as the sidewalks had some black ice on them. Overall, it was a good run. You would think that 13 straight days of running (128 miles), would take it out of you, but the past couple of runs have felt great. It's almost like a roller coaster; start out good, hit a plateau and then have a few crappy runs, but then back to feeling good. I still have 5 days left before I can take a day off (figured I'd take Christmas off), but if I continue to feel good I may just hold this and continue to run.
Miles this week - 73
Miles this month - 179.5
Miles this year - 2,401.9
Miles in the month of January - 241 (Average 7.77 miles per day)
Miles in the month of February - 205.5 (Average 7.34 miles per day)
Miles in the month of March - 267 (Average 8.61 miles per day)
Miles in the month of April - 271.7 (Average 9.06 miles per day)
Miles in the month of May - 190.3 (Average 6.14 miles per day - Marathon month)
Miles in the month of June - 211.7 (Average 7.06 miles per day)
Miles in the month of July - 248.5 (Average 8.02 miles per day)
Miles in the month of August - 86.5 (Average 2.79 miles per day - Achilles)
Miles in the month of September - 139 (Average 4.63 miles per day - 1/2 month with Achilles)
Miles in the month of October - 161.7 (Average 5.22 miles per day - Marathon month and trip)
Miles in the month of November - 199.5 (Average 6.65 miles per day)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment