Tuesday, January 12, 2010

same old same old

I've been doing alot of the same mileage lately and am starting to get tired of it. It doesn't help that I've been putting most of my miles in on the treadmill and the next week and a half will be about the same. My "normal" taper for the past 2 marathons have been done on the treadmill and why mess with what's worked (it also helps with the recovery of the ankle.)

So, today was an 8 mile effort on the treadmill. I set the pace at 6:40 and just motored in. Yesterday's tempo run took it out of me and my motivation was less than stellar. The rest of my week will be more of the same - planning on 40 miles during the week and 10 to 13 miles on Saturday, with Sunday off (50 to 53 miles this week).

Then next week I will reduce the weekly miles to 35 to 40 "easy" miles. I'll then take Saturday off and hopefully be prepared for a fast race on Sunday.

Miles this week - 16
Miles this month - 62
Miles this year - 62

No comments: