Sunday, April 11, 2010

weekend recap

It's late and I need to get ready for bed, so once again this is going to be a quick posting. Let me start out by saying that today is the start of my taper for Boston. Over the past week I've been dialing it back a bit, taking a few more rest days, but this week is the "true" taper.

So my recap!

Thursday - Off

Friday - I wanted to get some miles in at race pace so I settled for a 10K. I wanted to do the miles like I plan on doing next Monday. The first 5K was at a 6:30 pace while the second 5K was at a 6:15 pace. The effort felt good.

Saturday - 10 miles. I went out thinking I was going to take it easy, but the miles came pretty easy. I clipped off the first 5 at a 6:22 pace. I knew it was too fast, being this close to race day, so I dialed it back for the send half. I wanted to be in the 6:45 range, but I ended up being at a 6:33. Still too fast, but the legs felt good.

Sunday - Taper week. I ran 6 miles. I didn't wear my watch, but I forced myself to go slow. If I guessed I was in the 7:30 range. The legs almost didn't know what to do :)

And as far as the toe goes - - well, it's not 100%, but it's better. Still some pain the first 1/2 mile, but after that it feels fine. I'm still taping it, so maybe this week I'll see what it's like with out the tape.

Miles this week - 6
Miles this month - 62
Miles this year - 726
January Miles - 170 (Average 5.48 per day)
February Miles - 235.5 (Average 8.41 per day)
March Miles - 258.5 (Average 8.34 per day)

No comments: