1.) I was more scared of this workout than what I should have been. It's amazing how confidence can play with you.
2.) Doing this workout, by myself, got a little boring. These workouts, at least for me, are more "motivating" when I'm running this with someone else
3.) The legs felt good for most of the run - - - even after my hard run on Saturday and my fast run the day before
4.) I think I had a harder time from mile 3 to 4 on my 5 mile split than I did on the whole run. This was just as tough mentally as it was physically
5.) After I don't know if I was happy or sad - - Happy because it was done and I felt good or sad because I wanted to run more
So here's how I ran the run:
- 2 mile warm up - - 7:30 pace
- 5 miles - - 6:10 pace (I held it back a bit because I didn't want to bonk come the next split)
- 5 minute rest - - for the most part I just stopped. I did a little walking, but not much)
- 3 miles - 5:45 pace (There was another gear, but the main purpose was to be 20 seconds faster than race pace - - - I wanted to do this workout correctly)
- 1 miles cool down - - 8:00 pace
Today I'm feeling good and the confidence is there. The hard part about this time of training (2 or so weeks out) is to get over the mental aspects of the upcoming run. The thought of running 26.2 miles at a 6:10 or so pace doesn't seem possible. But I know what I can do and what I've done in the past. I have to trust that my training is there and that I've done everything I could do to prepare for race day.
No comments:
Post a Comment