Monday, September 3, 2012

Slacking

I've been slacking on my write ups.

Thursday's run was:

6 mile warm up (4 at the Pettit at a 7:00 pace and then 2 at home on the treadmill at a 7:30 pace).  Then 8 x 800 on the treadmill.  The first 4 800's were at a 5:36 with 75 seconds of jogging and 45 minute rest in between.  The second 4 800's were at a 5:24 with 1 minute rest in between.  The last 800 sucked and I had to take .10 rest during it.  Pretty tough workout

Friday - 7 mile recovery around the block.  The legs were tore up

Saturday - 18 miles.  The first 15 I averaged 6:51.  I was suppose to do the first 9 between a 6:50 - 7:00 pace and the last nine between 6:40 - 6:45.  My legs couldn't kick up the pace to a 6:40 so I maintained the 6:50 pace.  Mile 15 I could feel the wheels start to fall off, so I turned the watch off and maintained my pace.  Mile 17 I hit the wall and just mustered my way home.  During this run I took a Gel every 5 miles and grabbed a drink at miles 6, 10 and 12 (Water fountains).

Sunday - I left the watch at home and went out for a fun run.  I was suppose to do a 7:30 pace.  If I had to guess I was closer to 7:15, but I felt comfortable.  This was a no effort run

No comments: